Below are the discussion questions offered by the White House’s community jobs forum website for use in local jobs forums to “gather ideas for continuing to grow the economy and putting Americans back to work”. Consider this webpage as a online, 24/7, nation-wide jobs forum, ready to accept your feedback whenever you feel like giving it.
Submit your responses to any or all of these questions as comments on this blog post, and they will be summarized and forwarded to the Obama administration by 7 Jan 2010.
- From what you have seen, or seen reported about the President’s Jobs Forum on December 3rd, what seems relevant to your community?
- What parts of your local economy are working or thriving? What businesses and sectors are expanding and hiring?
- What parts of your local economy are not working or thriving? What businesses and sectors have been hit the hardest? What are people struggling with the most?
- What are the opportunities for growth in your community? What businesses and sectors seem poised to rebound? What do you see as the “jobs of the future”?
- What are the obstacles to job creation in your community? What could make local businesses more likely to start hiring?
- What other issues and ideas should the President consider?